Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Vice Clamps


I managed to spend Friday on my lathe, but ended up spending most of the time making some mounting clamps for my vice. One the bright side, I got to use the new low profile clamps we made as a group project, and they worked brilliantly except that they slipped a little because the clamping force is so strong it pushed the clamps back. Paul assures me he had the same problem and resolved it by tightening the lock down screw more - I solved it by placing some other clamps directly behind the low profile clamps to make it impossible for the to slip backwards.


The end result looks good and should work nicely. I took them around to Paul's on the weekend and polished (I really don't have the patience for that!) and blackened them so I should get to try them later this week.

1 comment:

anieb said...

This is really good material for metalwork.

Orsogril Metalwork